My online lessons are different from your traditional Skype lesson. There is no webcam, so you don't need to feel awkward. I use presentation slides to help the lesson flow. I also use a program called Zoom which works like a virtual classroom and with a combination of engaging slides, useful information and my voice, you can expect a very productive lesson.
All lessons have been planned with the same objective that is to maximise your talking time and building on vocabulary and expressions while correcting mistakes you might make during a lesson.
To understand the steps of the lesson, have a look at the below info.
1) Agree on a time and day for your online lesson.
2) I send you a link to the virtual classroom 10 minutes before lesson time
3) You click the link sent to your email or Skype and join. You can connect with a computer, tablet, or phone as there is a Zoom app.
4) You will be greeted with a welcome slide and a 'hello, how's it going.' from me
5) The lesson will have a different topic each time, so for example Men and Women could be the topic of the lesson.
6) One slide might have a picture of a married couple which mightgenerate a conversation on how people get married, what they do before the marriage , and perhaps why people get divorced. Another slide, usually in the middle of the lesson, might look at some vocabulary connected with relationships, for instance, to break up, to make up, to propose. After looking at these words, we will try and use them in conversation and again try and build a conversation from them, so you feel comfortable using them in your own English.
7) Towards the end of the lesson (and throughout) I'll refer to my notes on any mistakes, or things to come back to
8) The lesson finishes.
9) You get an email from me with all of the words and expressions we've talked about during the lesson with some extra ones too, all in context to help you revise.
A) I am a CELTA qualified English teacher from England with over 7 years experience both face-to-face and online
B) You don't have to worry about being on CAMERA. All lessons have been designed where the main focus is on SLIDES, so you don't need a webcam, just a microphone.
C) I understand how stressed you might be, but I offer a relaxed atmosphere which will make you feel comfortable when speaking
easy peasy - an expression meaning very easy